Peoria Gutter and Siding Services
Gutter and Siding Professionals Serving Customers in Peoria, Champaign, Sangamon, and Fulton Counties
Gutters and siding are essential components of any home, providing crucial protection from the elements while also adding to its aesthetic appeal. Gutters are designed to shield a home from rainwater damage by diverting water away from the foundation, helping prevent pooling water as well as flooding in vulnerable areas like basements or crawl spaces. Siding is also an important part of insulating your home’s interior, preventing water intrusion, and protecting your home against major storms.
At River City Roofing, we offer a full suite of gutter and siding services in Peoria and the surrounding areas. When your home’s siding sustains damage or your gutters become clogged because of a storm, we are here to quickly resolve issues and protect your property from further problems. Our licensed and insured technicians are prepared to assist you with installations, replacements, maintenance, and repairs. We are passionate about solving problems and offer a satisfaction guarantee, so you can expect professionalism, transparency, and quality workmanship every step of the way.
Signs You Need Gutter Repairs
Gutters play a crucial role in maintaining the structural integrity of your home by channeling rainwater away from the foundation and preventing water damage. Over time, wear and tear can lead to issues that necessitate timely gutter repair. Recognizing the signs of gutter problems early on can save you from more extensive and costly repairs down the line.
Here are the key signs that indicate the need for gutter repair:
- Sagging or Pulling Away: Gutters that are sagging or pulling away from the roofline are a clear indication of a problem. This could be due to accumulated debris, improper installation, or damage from severe weather.
- Water Overflow: If you notice water overflowing from the sides of your gutters during rain, it suggests that they are not effectively channeling water away from your home. This could be due to clogs or blockages.
- Gutter Cracks or Holes: Visible cracks or holes in your gutters are definite signs of damage. These can develop from rust, corrosion, impact, or even from the expansion and contraction caused by temperature changes.
- Peeling Paint or Stains: Exterior paint on your home's siding or fascia that is peeling or showing stains could be a result of water overflowing from damaged gutters and splashing onto these surfaces.
- Foundation Issues: Cracks, settling, or erosion around your home's foundation may be caused by improperly functioning gutters that are allowing water to pool near the foundation.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: Excessive moisture caused by faulty gutters can lead to the growth of mold or mildew on your home's exterior walls or even inside your home.
- Gutter Separation: If your gutters are separating at the seams or joints, it's a sign that the adhesive or fasteners holding them together have deteriorated.
- Nesting or Pest Activity: Birds, rodents, and insects are attracted to clogged or damaged gutters as potential nesting sites. Finding nests or increased pest activity near your gutters could indicate a problem.
- Visible Rust or Corrosion: Rust or corrosion on the surface of your gutters is not only unsightly but can also weaken the structural integrity of the gutters.
Regularly inspecting your gutters for these signs of damage and addressing issues promptly can help you avoid more extensive repairs and protect your home's overall health and value. If you notice any of these indicators, it's advisable to consult a professional gutter repair specialist to assess the situation and recommend appropriate solutions. Remember, a well-maintained gutter system is an essential component of a well-protected home.
They were great to work with and a huge help in navigating insurance battles.- Amy R.
They got our new roof done in a day and did a great job with the roof as well as the cleanup. They even checked back with us at the end of the day and a week after to make sure we were satisfied!- Jeremy C.
River City Roofing was so great to work with when we had hail damage! They came right away and inspected our entire house thoroughly, and worked wonderfully with our insurance.- Satisfied Customer
They were out in a day, and helped me understand and work with my insurance company. It was simple with their help!- Lisa F.
River City was so great to work with! The team was extremely friendly and helpful! On roofing day, they were done by 3:30 in the afternoon!- Jessica L.
Complete tear-off and replacement in a day, no nails leftover anywhere. I will recommend them to everyone.- Michelle R.
They are easy to contact and work well with my insurance. My entire roof has a 30-year warranty, which gives me the much-wanted security I was looking for.- Carrie N.
The crew was professional, efficient, courteous, and careful. They finished the work in one day and cleaned our property with care.- Joseph V.
How Do Gutters Become Clogged?
Severe storms can cause severe gutter blockages due to the accumulation of debris. High winds during such storms can carry organic materials like leaves, twigs, and bird nests into the gutters, creating a clog that prevents rainwater from properly draining. Storms can also cause large amounts of dirt, sand, or other debris to gather in the gutters, resulting in potentially damaging blockages.
In some cases, gutter downspouts can get blocked due to poor installation or alignment with the gutters themselves. Downspouts that are not properly angled away from the foundation of the house can allow water to pool near it instead of freely flowing away. Over time, this pooling water will accumulate debris and eventually lead to a blockage that needs cleaning out before further damage occurs.
Click the play button to view one of our commercial project videos.
How Does Siding Become Damaged?
High winds during major storms can send tree branches, dirt, and other forms of debris into your home’s siding, scratching and denting the material. This kind of damage may only be cosmetic initially, but it can still weaken the siding over time and eventually lead to more significant structural problems. Hailstorms in particular can cause serious damage to your home’s siding, as hailstones may be large enough to crack or even shatter certain types of siding material, including vinyl and aluminum.
Gutters and siding are also often interconnected. When gutters become blocked, the water it should be diverting away from your home will instead overflow or pool. Pooling water will stain and erode siding materials like wood, brick, stucco, and cement board. Improper installation of gutters or downspouts can also lead to siding damage when they are not angled away from the foundation correctly.
Even pests can wreak havoc on your siding under certain conditions. Cosmetic damage like discoloration, fading, or scratches will generally be obvious, but other red flags to look out for include mold growth, warped siding material, or even unexplained increases in energy bills.
Comprehensive Repair Solutions
Our Peoria gutting and siding services include prompt, dependable fixes for problems of all kinds. Whether you are dealing with constantly clogging gutters or eroded siding, we can diagnose what caused the issue and conduct all necessary repairs. If your home suffers severe damage in a storm, we offer 24/7 emergency support. We can also help you implement a maintenance plan that catches issues early before they worsen, saving you money over time.
When your home’s gutters or sidings need professional attention, call (309) 790-3623 or contact River City Roofing online!